Sunday, August 9, 2009

Planning Ahead - The Ultimate...

This is more of a random thought than a substantial starting place, but it's something that keeps coming back to me. I was eating elk medallions in a wild/exotic berry sauce at InFerno's when the thought came to me - beef tenderloin with blackberries.

Beef tenderloin isn't something that can be marinated though, and all the rub that it ever needs is salt and pepper. It's literally tender enough that braising it would probably end up with it falling apart. That reluctantly leads me to conclude that it should be grilled/fried separate from anything else, and then combined with the sauce on the plate. That strikes me as leaving it a little too beefy, but that's one more issue to overcome.

As for the blackberries...warm compote? glaze? sauce? Just with sugar and water, or with something like balsamic vinegar to add another flavor into the mix? Definitely need more time to think... Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment