Sunday, September 27, 2009

Change Of Season

Almost hard to believe that it's time to think about autumn chores around the garden. Sure, school started almost a month(?!!) ago now, but things are still growing and we're just finally ending our summertime temperatures...which hadn't even started until Labour Day! Made it very hard to accept today when I realized that I should be planting next year's garlic in the next 2-3 weeks!

Anyways, things I did today to facilitate the changing of the seasons...
-dug the last of the garlic and all of the red and spanish onions, setting them up to dry in the garage for at least a week
-harvested the last of the Juliet tomatoes and all of the ripe Snow White and Sungold tomatoes; still lots of flowers and green ripening fruit on the latter two plants, so we may get a few more yet depending on the weather...
-brought the Tomatillo into the house - maybe I can get some actually fruit off of it now that it won't go below 50 F at night!

And with the tomatillo came some indoor gardening chores...
-adding soil to the former pepper pot and planting my next indoor fruiting olive tree :)
-redoing my aloe vera pot and replanting all of the plants that were trying to escape
-getting the tomatillo established indoors
-reawakening the Amyrillis

Oh well, at least colder temperatures mean I get to dust off my chili recipes... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment